Saturday, September 13, 2008

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

So exciting Cody had his second football game of the season. The are 2 and 0!!!
I have to say it is pretty exciting watching your son play for his high school team! We were suppose to play the game on Saturday but with hurricane IKE coming our way they changed it to Friday night.  IKE was headed straight for us up until Thursday, so all the schools rescheduled the games. Connor's game for Saturday got cancelled. But, wouldn't ya know it, late Thursday night IKE decided that he wanted a piece of Houston. So after all that news talk of 100 mph wind and 10-12 inches of rain.....nada, nothing. It is pretty and sunny here. And we have a free weekend (more on that later)
You can see Cody out there in #8. He plays  wide-receiver. It was 3rd down and 8 yards to go and Cody caught a 12 yard pass for a first down.( I had to ask hip hubby all of those exact details) I would have just said they through him the ball and he caught it and the team got 10 more yards.....That's how a girl would say it.
O.M.G. Just way too cute for words....Don't ya just love the black gloves? Those are so he has a better grip on the football....
SO, I always wanted to be the house with the kids yard sign in the yard.....well, now I am.
Yes, this is me with not 1 but 2 yard signs...Love it. I guess they do this in other parts of the country or maybe it's just a TEXAS thing. You know TEXAS loves it's football. The schools sell yard signs for each of the sports that your kids play. I already have the basketball one waiting  in the garage...
I think I'm all that because I have yard signs.......boy the little things that make me happy??
Go figure..
I almost forgot the most important news of the week. Cody got elected as treasure for student council. Yes, our little freshman is making his way through high school just fine. We are so proud of him....Way to go, CODY. I mean Mr. Treasure.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so not football savey...Cody good job and Kyle did a great job in his first scrimmage game, Connor yours is coming up soon...LOVE all the sports and my studly football grandsons.

Gramie

lowleeta said...

wow. tell cody congratulations! i love seeing my nephews following in the footsteps of their way cool aunt :) class officers was such a fun part of hs. and if he sticks to it - senior year you get to walk down saber line with your date at prom! hahaaaa. i can see you sneaking in the background to capture the photos already. tell the boys hi. and i love em and miss em.

4funboys said...

ahhhhhh... I want a sign like that!

yes-- you are ALL THAT and a bag of chips!!! I'm jealous!

congrats to Cody

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

i LOVE your signs!
true texan mama... for sure!
i too look forward to that... wait... i have girls... what kind of yard art do they have for champion drama queens?

Cody... you treasure you! awesome!

Anonymous said...

Stumbled on here for jersey ideas...I too am a mom of three boys 5, 3 and 2. Love your site...and isn't it just the best having three boys...I get to do all the fun stuff now! :)

Dancing Queen said...

hey, if you're gonna have boyz, they gotta be able to bring some sense of decor w/'em! i get excited thinking about having stuff like that when my kiddos get older too! & the blinged up jerseys are WAY cool! you must be the envy of all the others moms!

BTW...i think i've commented before in a sneak picture of your house, but it looks ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! i love, love the colors of your rock, the double doors, the pillars...LOVe YOUR taste!! did you guys build it yourselves??? makes me wanna invite myself over to take a tour;)

Anonymous said...

http://www.yardcardsgalore.com/Custom_signs.html

We love our Yard Card! I'm sure they could do a football.