Thursday, March 13, 2008

PICTURE SHARING IS CARING

I have been visiting some of the wonderful blogs out there and I saw where people are sharing their decorating ideas. On the Nesting place she had a link to a blog( I don't know how to add a link so go check out her blog)that showed how she had decorated with family pictures, so I thought I would show some of mine. Above is a hallway down to my husbands office and one of the baths, this wall stayed empty for about a year. And it finally hit me to put up shelves with pictures. I have this in our kitchen bath that the previous owner had left a plan black shelve, but I decided to switch it out to a metal shelve and off I go.. putting metal shelves all over the house. Its a great way to hang pictures and put stuff on the the shelves to add dimension. I love the family sign and found that at a craft store Hobby Lobby so I hung that and just worked around it.
I took this pictures to show my wonderful work space. This is my desk (that the hip hubby as taken over) I got demoted to the kitchen desk. I did the same thing with the metal shelve. I love the piece of tin ( I just had in the garage)I added some pins to put pictures up with, so I can change those out.
This is the wall next to my work space (that hip hubby took over). I just went to the store and found stuff that I liked and I worked it in. I love the sign up top it reads, AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVERY AFTER.
This is in the game room. I love all of the pictures of when the boys where babies. I framed them all myself, got everything from Hobby Lobby.( Shout out to all the framing business , love you guyz just can't afford ya.)When I put them up they looked pretty plan,,,,that is until I added the brown silk ribbon,now it has that finished look. Love it....

3 comments:

The Nester said...

LOVING all of your different groupings! Love the ribbons, love the shelves and the mix of initials and word plaques!!

Great job!

Shannon said...

Hey! I love all your picture walls! You do a great job decorating the shelves! PS I love your office!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Very nice.